Thursday, April 28, 2011

Where's my sun?

The sun has disappeared. It's cold. I'm sad. In addition to sad, I also have an, er, erm..."condition". This is a "condition" that plagues me at the start of winter each and every year, without fail. I develop clothes dyslexia. Yes. Clothes Dyslexia. I am unable to figure out what matches with what as I haul all of my winter clothes from the back of the closet to the front, and bid farewell to my summer stock. After 7 months of easy warm weather wear, I simply cannot figure out how the winter layering works and what goes with what. This "condition" can be tricky to manage and leaves me looking as though I have dressed myself in the dark. It is hazardous to my buoyancy and makes me want to hide out until winter is over, with my duvet cover over my head, and by bedroom door locked, for good measure. Luckily it only takes me about a week or two to develop full winter wear fluency...until the next time. Since I am still dealing with my "condition", I share with you some before pics of an outfit I wore over the December holidays. It’s actually a top but since I am also vertically challenged, I can get away with wearing it as a dress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Is it just me? Anyone else have clothes dyslexia?

17 comments:

  1. I love your dress and great glasses!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday hun! Loving your top/dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. 'Clothes dyslexia', that's brilliant. I might use that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! Haha - I like that discription! I def have clothes dyslexia!

    Have a great weekend!
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress/top! I am also having clothes dyslexia, but I think I am finally in recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look sensational! I find it easier to dress in winter funny enough - can cover up the wobbly bits, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha this is the greatest post ever i totally agree its that time of year where i cannot seem to get myself dressed it was mothers day beautiful out and everyone was in cute sundresses and i was in boots and all black - clothes dyslexia is awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so beautiful. you must post more. would love if you'd check out my latest celebrity trend report. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
    For all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! I also don't like switching into a new season... I always forget what I have and it takes a while before I get into a rhythm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that dress! You are so stylish!

    sweetconfessions21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the dress, the whole outfit really haha, just found your blog and love it! :)

    http://www.awkwardwhale.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your style. Love the headband.

    xx
    Heel in Mint
    www.heelinmint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I'm feeling nostalgic too ;) In fact my new post is all about summer 2012 hope you check it out!

    Ingrid
    http://eaudeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely pics!!!

    kisses from Italy

    http://frombaroquewithlove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I miss the beach!! Love the outfit, I need to be more adventurous with my style!

    ReplyDelete